Online stores usually force customers to create an account in order to checkout. In other words, they don’t allow guest checkout. This results in cart abandonments as customers usually are reluctant to create accounts partly because it takes time and partly because they are reluctant to provide personal details.
So how do you increase sales without forcing customers to create accounts? The solution is convert guest to customer extension. It allows store owners to create accounts on customer’s behalf so that they can complete their checkouts without any hindrance. Store owners can create customer accounts manually or automatically and convert them to customers one by one or in bulk.
This is a great customer experience booster that can result in significant increase in sales.
- Suppose you run a shop where most of the orders are created by guest users. You want to convert these guest users to customers so that you know which users have converted and which users haven’t. To do this, they have to create customer accounts for all guest users one by one which is a near to impossible task. They can use the module to convert all guest users to customers in a few clicks.
- Suppose you run an online store that sells downloadable products. Your CMS only allows registered customers to complete their orders. You can use the extension to automatically convert guests to customers and allow them to download products without creating accounts.
What If I Run a Magento 2 Store?
If your store is powered by Magento 2, don’t worry. You have a lot of extensions at your disposal that can get the work done for you. The one I am recommending here is Magento 2 guest to customer extension by FMEextensions which has been used and trusted by big Magento 2 stores. FMEextensions are one of the pioneers in Magento extensions and have been offering Magento services since2008. This extension provides the following features.
- Auto convert guest to customer
- Segregate guests in customer groups
- Convert one by one or in bulk
- Send email to guest users with login details
- Change user data while converting guest to customer
- Import guests as customers
The extension is super easy to configure and use. You can convert guests to customers from a handy grid that lists all the guest users with the ‘Convert’ option in front of each user. You can convert them one by one or select multiple users and use the bulk edit option to convert all of them at once. While converting, you have the option to segregate them in different customer groups. You can notify guest buyers about their registration via email. Either send email with a ‘set a password’ link or send an auto-generated password. You can also import guest users from another source by uploading the import file. All the users will be imported as customers in a matter of seconds.
I don’t know what other extension can bring such a utility to your store?