Today, everybody acknowledges and understands the relevance of digital marketing. Businesses know they cannot beat the competition without digitally marketing their products/services. However, the role of video in digital marketing continues to be understated. Thus, the brands that incorporate video in their digital marketing strategies tend to perform much better. Videos are a great way of talking about your brand and everything it has to offer precisely.
There are a lot of advantages to including videos in your digital marketing strategy. Continue reading this article to understand the importance of video in digital marketing and how you can create successful marketing videos!
Understanding the pertinence of videos in digital marketing:
- Videos are shareable
Gone are the days when you had to think of ways to share a video you liked with your friends. One does not have to go through the long process of finding the links, copying, and pasting them. In the current day and age, you can share any video type with the click of a button. Therefore, if you create videos that appeal to the viewers, your viewership will increase.
Here are the following ways in which you can ensure that your videos get widely shared:
- Lure the viewers with an attractive thumbnail: Firstly, you should try to tempt viewers to watch your videos. One can achieve this by creating an attractive thumbnail. However, keep the thumbnail contextual. Do not indulge in clickbait. It might increment your views, but you lose out on the viewers’ trust and shareability aspect.
- Include a surprise element: Get creative and incorporate an unexpected element in your video. If this particular component intrigues your viewers, your video will get a lot of shares.
- Cater to the emotions: Nobody likes to watch bland videos that lack sentiments. Add some feel to your video. Either make it heartwarming or comical or an angry rant.
- Make a humble request in the end: You might have seen many YouTubers appealing to like, share, and comment on their video and subscribe to their channel. One must not hesitate from making such humble requests.
- Videos are platform friendly
No matter what platform you use to promote your brand, its products, and services, you can always utilise video content. Whether it is a website, blog, email, or any social media platform, video content can be posted everywhere. The most valuable part about creating video content is its versatility aspect. One video can be used in multiple ways. Even if the format of each site varies, you can always use a video maker to switch formats. Since it is advisable to promote your brand on as many social networking platforms as possible, videos are your safest bet.
- Videos are time-saving and cost-effective
While the other digital marketing techniques may require you to splurge money, it is not the case with videos. There are a plethora of free video makers out there. Additionally, you do not need to spend big bucks on gadgets. You can create, edit, and post videos with utmost ease on any XYZ platform using just your smartphone.
You can create professional-looking videos in under ten minutes using the right video maker tool. Therefore, videos are also time-saving. Moreover, with Instagram rolling out reels and YouTube introducing YouTube shorts, short videos are the new ‘it’ thing. The key is to convey more information in less time.
- Videos help in building new clientele and retain the existing one
You can reach out to your audiences better through videos. Video serves as a great tool to appease your existing and potential customers. Below are a few video types that work best with consumers:
- Instructional videos: You might have noticed how every gadget you order comes with an instruction manual. However, sometimes people might find it challenging to make sense of it, or they may not have the time for it. In such cases, a video would work wonders. If your product is complex to understand, it is highly advisable to create a short video on how to use it.
- Educational videos: Not everybody is on the internet to watch entertainment videos. Some people are pretty invested in learning something new. Therefore, it would be fruitful for your brand to incorporate some educational videos into your marketing strategy.
- Testimonial videos: This video type is an effective technique to attract new customers. Users often go through reviews while shopping online or looking for product/service recommendations. It helps them gauge the quality and feasibility of the products/services. Good reviews push the consumer to test that particular object. Imagine the effect a positive testimonial video can have on the consumer. Thus, one must include testimonial videos in their digital marketing technique.
- Acknowledgment videos: While the other video types help convert potential clients to real-time customers, posting acknowledgment videos helps you retain your existing clientele. When you acknowledge your current clients’ contribution toward the success of your venture, they feel seen and heard. This way, they will be motivated to further avail of your products/services.
- Giveaway videos: Giving freebies is an inexpensive method of promoting your brand. You can announce the giveaway at the end of the video. This way, the viewers will have to watch the entire video to figure out how to participate and what is in store. Giveaway videos will help your brand gain more visibility.
- Videos help you build a stable brand image
Building a positive image for your brand can take you years. However, you can achieve this within a limited period through video marketing. When you make and post videos that talk consistently about your vision, work, and the positive impact it leaves on society, consumers will be able to identify your brand and instill faith in it.
Videos form the backbone of digital marketing. It is impossible to devise a successful digital marketing technique without including video content.